|Pete Olson - High Desert Region Porsche Club President
Well… Here we are preparing for October, looking back at a “spectacular” year of Porsche driving and adventures! And, September was no exception!
Each week in September provided opportunities to spend time with “Porsche Friends” & Porsches…
So let’s start from the top:
- Saturday the 5th: Over the Cascades to Salem, for a visit to the Sodbusters Hops Farm owned and operated by our HDR members Doug & Audrey Weathers. The tour was organized and led by Curt Graeber in his Basalt Black 911 Cab. See the full story in this month’s Downshift. Thanks Doug, Audrey & Curt!
- Saturday the 12th: We moved the “traditional” Arrive & Drive to the second Saturday, to avoid all of the Labor Day traffic in the Bend area. Allan & Geri Frickey led the charge in their Guards Red 911 Speedster. And a fine job they did! Thanks!
- Saturday the 19th: The Annual Oregon Festival of Cars was held on the Brokentop golf course greens. A great gathering of over 100 cars of all makes models & colors! There were even a few Porsches, as some HDR members entered and others attended. Typical beautiful Bend summer weather prevailed!
- Wednesday the 23rd: 20 (I believe that was the number) Porsches carrying “highly enthusiastic” HDR Porsche Club members gathered at the Haggens parking lot on the South edge of Bend . Tim & Sue Hagner, Bren & Shannon Hirschberg organized and led the tour. Ken & Jan McCumber provide the goodie bags, and off we motored, heading south to Monterey! Thanks so much for a job well done!
- But first, an overnight stop at the Scotia Inn to celebrate Ed Chernhoff’s birthday, and then get a good night’s sleep… Thursday provide the opportunity to complete the journey south to Monterey, to be in place & ready to spend a fantastic time at Rennsport Reunion V… And fantastic it was!
So… That’s September in a “nutshell”. Seems as each month & year just keeps getting better & better!
Enjoy your Porsche & Porsche Friends Even More!