Submit your Article/Photos here
To preserve the integrity of The Downshift as the club’s official newsletter we maintain the following submission policies:
- All articles need to be formatted and submitted digitally to the News Editor by the 20th of the month in order to be included in the upcoming newsletter.
- Articles should be between 250 and 650 words.
- Articles depicting upcoming events need to include all the pertinent information about the event including how to RSVP.
- Articles about members need to include a digital photo of that member (with their Porsche in the shot, preferably)
- Digital pictures submitted with articles need to be a minimum of 800px wide and a file size no larger than 1 MB. Acceptable formats include JPG/JPEG and PNG (no GIFs for photos, please!). Please include captions for each picture submitted (if submitting others' photos, please provide their name)
- DownShift reserves the right to edit all submissions for appropriateness.
We take intellectual property rights seriously. Under federal law, the images or text you own are protected by copyright. You MUST grant permission to the HDR to use it on the website or the Downshift newsletter if you want it published. This does not imply transfer of ownership in any way, and conditionally grants us permission to use the content you have submitted within the established copyright law. We will offer photo credit or attribution ("Taken by John Smith, Aug 2022") for your consent.
Please do not submit content taken from the internet or from third-parties who have not given consent to use. If you need a written form, you can download one here and send it to email@example.com .